Friday, July 4, 2014

Finding Gratitude and Compassion

Ahhh...gratitude and compassion.  How often through our days do we go without both?  I would like to take today's post to thank Na Pua Olohe with my deepest gratitude for the wisdom imparted to me, and for the safe containers in the form of their workshops that have allowed me to develop sincere compassion, first for myself and eventually for others.  It has amazed me how, by looking at a situation from a different perspective, I am able to replace anger with compassion for others and their life experience.  It is in that place of compassion that we are able to fully love, and fully be present in ourselves, and to stay out of others' s**t.

My first workshop with Na Pua Olohe was in 2001.  I was in search of the "Source" of knowledge of the bodywork that I had begun to study, Lomi Lomi.  Some have called it "Temple Style," "Kahuna Bodywork"...whatever the name, learning from the "Source," Kahu Abraham Kawai'i, was incredible.  Since he passed before my second workshop with Na Pua Olohe, I have been thankful to learn more about Kahu, the body work, and Hawaiian Principles thru Ho'okahi, his wife.  It's been an amazing ride, these last 13 years, and I look forward to my next workshop...to understand a little more about me, how my body moves, to develop more compassion, and to "enter the canoe" for a moment in time.

As a massage therapist who has focused in this style of work, I love the fact that I have an ability to share a bit of what I have learned through each session I do.  I am able to share how to be fully present in compassion, allowing my client's body to do the healing.  The body is the script...I am merely following It's lead.  The Principle of Family helps me move with greater ease through my life, and allows me to be a better reflection of Health back to each body I am privileged to work with.

I wish for each person the blessing of experiencing gratitude and compassion...in each moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment